Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Young

You need to pay money to do well in this game?

I am willing to spend 100$ on a lot when I try this game but do you need to spend real world money to get the best Items to?

Also how is the pvp? I know it is skill based because it is like an FPS but if you have good gear do you have a considerable advantage?

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    yes, you need real money to do well, unless you consider chatting and collecting a lot of sweat, stones and dung as doing well. Yes, some items get you an advantage since your hit ability on weapons and similar type of ratings on mining and crafting will be better... but really, one hundred bucks isn't much... if that's a monthly deposit you can afford every month, it'd be more than enough likely for some mid-level stuff... if you just plan on doing one one hundred dollar deposit and that's it, make sure you stick with very low level stuff so your cash lasts longer. You should not think of this game as a typical MMORPG. It's nothing like any other game out there and tactics that work in those game likely won't work in here unless you are millionaire with plenty of cash to throw around.

Study http://www.entropedia.info inside and out.

Old
    heremes (L) armor is about 100 usd and is fairly well rounded for pvp

tho imo the best L armor for pvp would be Infiltrator (L) last i checked its about 4-500 usd a full set, more $ for better tiers to make it even stronger.

eon is great too but its hard to get a full set of (L) eon, UL eon is going to cost you a small fortune to get so i guess thats out of the question for most people.

as for guns for pvp, thats were avatar skill comes in, those take a long time to max the top guns and the best cost quite alot of money

Young
    Where does the money go? Can you buy it from an ingame vendor or is it from people?

Im gonna have to play this game for 2 months to make sure I really like it before I spend that much money. Can't you find the best weapons and armor ingame as loot? I will skim through that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator101 View Post
    do you need to spend real world money to get the best Items to?
    Short answer: Yes.

Longer version: The best ingame items were looted long ago and the prices have risen above what most folks consider decent for "just a game". So resign yourself to the fact that you won't get the best ingame unlimited items.

Advice:
    Start small with the TT opalo and TT shortblade and hunt small creatures. You'll stat to see how your avatar skills affect your weapons abilities (hit ratio, avg. damage, etc.)

Work your way up slowly (think of this game in terms of years, not months) and when you get a better understanding of avatar skills vs. the equipment you use, you can decide if you want to skill up slowly but naturally, or if you want to buy skills and jump ahead a few levels.

In this Universe, "the choice is yours". But either way, be prepared to pay for your entertainment.
    Always willing to learn

Young
    How much would it cost to level up faster and get the best armor set/ weapon?

Oh, somewhere around your yearly income. Maybe twice that.

(not kidding)
    Always willing to learn

Dominant
    ^^ key word there is "best". Read that as unique or extremely rare and valuable equipment.

You can get very good equipment for reasonable costs. Best thing would be to find yourself a good mentor who can help guide you as you start the game. Then once you understand how it works, deposit a small amount to help get you started.

There are plenty of people who "do well" in this game without depositing anything, and there are plenty of people who do badly in this game even though they deposit thousands. It's open-ended, and the choices you make in game determine how well you will do. You do not have to be the most skilled or have the best toys to do well, if you make the right choices, you can do well using common, cheap equipment.

Old
    Arkadia, first tree to the left behind the Oro
    Hi,

A.) "Leveling up faster" means that you need to buy skill chips from other participants, and to implant them to your avatar. Skill chips are made buy using a (looted) empty skill chip, and filling it with the skills the seller has acquired itself. Since skilling is VERY slow after a fast initial phase this has a reasonable price.

Additionally, there are LOT's of skills and attributes. And all of them are dependent of each other - so you cannot just go out, buy a lot of laser pistol skill and start your happy PK'ing. You'll also need defensive skills to not eat each bullet fired to you, you'll need to push your agility to run faster, you'll need a lot of different skills that will add to your HP, etc. etc.

There are no avatar levels in this game, where you automagically get more attributes once you reach the next level - all is made up by skills only, and these you get by using them.

To your question, judging "how much" is difficult. Regarding the value of my own skills and my performance in PvP I'd guess that you'd need several K of $ for the skills alone to sufficiently operate advanced gear, and not to die by the first hit. To play with the big boys this "several" might have 2 digits.

B.) To "get the best" stuff - well, you might ask the wiki. For instance, you'll need a healing tool. Let's have a look:
    This one (klick!) is commonly regarded as the best one.
    See the estimated price in the lower right corner - 180,000 PED means 18K $ ...
    The last sale I found was here (klick!), and it was regarded as "insanely cheap" - 136K PED ...
    For sure, a FAP alone doesn't help much. You need a gun, too. Some links:
    A classic top notch pistol (klick!), only 130K PED, but not sold yet - you might get if if you're quick! See the wiki (klick!)

Or this cutie (klick!), less stylish, but cheaper?

You see, "best gear" can have a price in EU. For sure, what I have mentioned might not be real PK equipment, but is commonly referred as among "the good stuff". Finding out what you'll really need, including armor, is left as an exercise to you - I don't do PK, after only playing 7 years, and not 24/7, I'm much to squishy for this. ;-)

I hope I could help,

Have a good time!

Old

Thumbs Up Small bits of extra info

Where does the money go? Can you buy it from an ingame vendor or is it from people?

Im gonna have to play this game for 2 months to make sure I really like it before I spend that much money. Can't you find the best weapons and armor ingame as loot? I will skim through that site.
    Yes, many of the really nice items drop as Loot from creatures. So you can in theory buy these from other players who loot them (it's unlikely you will loot one yourself since you need great gear to start with stand a chance of killing the creatures which have the really nice stuff).

So the money for high end items usually goes to players if you're buying, and the prices are high since as John says, these items drop very, very, very rarely. Like maybe once a year, if that.

The things you get from the in-game vendors are really basic weapons, tools and armour, and ammo.

Your money also goes to something called "decay". This is where the "cost to play" comes in - this is your "repair bill", and every piece of equipment you own will decay as it is used.

This is why most of the other people out there are suggesting you stick with the cheap basic weapons from the in-game vendor when you start, and use any money you deposited to pay for the decay of your weapon and the ammo to fire it until you get a better hang of how things work.

A good idea is to get a mentor to help answer questions, and also because if you complete your mentorship you get a rather nice full set of armour for a new player. Most questions your mentor can't help you with can also be asked here as well, anyway. But finding a good mentor can be a real help at times.

Other than that.... welcome aboard and good luck with your trial period!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast