Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Everest, a home-schooled high school senior from Durango, Colorado, and his mother earned $35,000 in 2006 by constructing and selling weapons in Entropia. Of this, $12,000 will be used as college funds for his siblings. Everest spent an average of three hours per day playing the game and intended to continue playing to fund his own college education.

I saw this in the Wikipedia too. Im still wondering here. As far as I know all items are designed and sold/placed inworld by MA and PPs. So how did this work? Mr Everest had a deal with MA as freelance designer? And how could he sell them inworld? Questions, questions......

Cheers, Roni

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseM View Post
    In the last five years I've seen avatars that from the beginning have invested heavily, almost none of them has managed to survive because even they purchased equipment and skills lacked in the experience to use them and have have incurred in heavy losses. I try to advise the newcomers entering my society telling them that anyone needs 3 things to win in in this game: prudence, patience and perseverance. If Lootius, the god of the loot in Entropia Universe, takes pity on you and gives you a big prize (ATH or HoF), even better.
    Roni's prayer:

Lootius, who resides in MindArk's heavens
    May your kingdom come to share your wealth
    That thou force be with us
    ... in Entropia as in real life
    Give us daily our share of loot
    Forgive us our MISSES and FAILS
    as we will forgive those who MISS us
    Dont tempt us to waste our ammunition
    by shooting in virtual thin air
    Lootius, Entropia belongs to you
    as do the globals, HoFs and ATHs
    till Eternity
    Amen <coughs>

Roni

Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Mike Everest, a home-schooled high school senior from Durango, Colorado, and his mother earned $35,000 in 2006 by constructing and selling weapons in Entropia. Of this, $12,000 will be used as college funds for his siblings. Everest spent an average of three hours per day playing the game and intended to continue playing to fund his own college education.

I saw this in the Wikipedia too. Im still wondering here. As far as I know all items are designed and sold/placed inworld by MA and PPs. So how did this work? Mr Everest had a deal with MA as freelance designer? And how could he sell them inworld? Questions, questions......

Cheers, Roni
    I read this article in a different way. The quote does not say 'design'. Merely constructing and selling. Now I have a full set of BPs for the Loughlin series of weapons, and they don't appear on auction much. So I have been contemplating making small batches of each to sell on the auction. So this seemed quite possible to me. And note the date. The prices were very different then!

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    I read this article in a different way. The quote does not say 'design'. Merely constructing and selling. Now I have a full set of BPs for the Loughlin series of weapons, and they don't appear on auction much. So I have been contemplating making small batches of each to sell on the auction. So this seemed quite possible to me. And note the date. The prices were very different then!
    Ah yes Meric, that makes more sense...if they had used the words *crafting and selling* the confusion would not have occured..thx for the heads up. I tried selling crafted Killian G2 blades.....turned out to be a nightmare. Maybe that BP was merely ment for skilling up though.

Regards, Roni

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Ah yes Meric, that makes more sense...if they had used the words *crafting and selling* the confusion would not have occured..thx for the heads up. I tried selling crafted Killian G2 blades.....turned out to be a nightmare. Maybe that BP was merely ment for skilling up though.

Regards, Roni
    If that story is true (I don't know the avatar named) then it was a long time ago. You'd have to make on average 1000 ped profit per day. You're not going to get that with non-SIB weapons, they're just not in demand. And most SIB weapons have very little profit margin.

7. 03-02-2014, 08:53

Reason
    spam

8. 03-02-2014, 11:18

Reason
    spam

9. 03-02-2014, 11:29

Reason
    spam

10. 03-02-2014, 11:44

Reason
    spam