Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SocoJoe View Post
    Oz, I don't think you understood what I was trying to suggest here..

What I was suggesting was to have a built in Justice System in Game with Police supplied with any and all necessary equipment, Via "Special Quads" and such to be able to enforce by patrolling just as in real life, but do it within the Game.

See where I'm going with this now?

If you are a thief in real life, you are a Criminal, if you are a thief in Game, that should also be considered a Criminal act and that Criminal should have to answer to his actions as well.....
    To define criminal activities you will need laws, judges, an executing force (police) and a governement (aka Trias Politica). As MindArk is the company: they are that alltogheter.

But the community is reacting on the matter of space pirates. There is a group called Arkadia Star Fleet (http://area-50.host56.com/crewlist.html) that has some offers for space travel. I suspect the group is pretty dormant now (run by Atlan Ion Leticron) but there are still a lot of players active in Entropia. Names that comes to mind right now are Ben Coyote and Neil Greenleaf. Another way the community is dealing with this is the exploitation of MotherShips. When travelling with a MS you are relative safe.

I have to say that as an avid space traveller I hardly see any pirates around lately allthough I heard they are camping near RT and I dont visit that planet/area very much.

Regards, Roni

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    To define criminal activities you will need laws, judges, an executing force (police) and a governement (aka Trias Politica). As MindArk is the company: they are that alltogheter.

Regards, Roni
    Actually, I have recently learned that to be entirely untrue.

What a social problem (Deviant/Criminal act) is, is highly dependent upon your perspective of the situation. What one culture defines as a social problem may be viewed as a social solution in another. As the book states: “These theorists emphasize the subjective nature of social problems. They say that what is defined as a social problem differs by audience and by time.” (8) What is or isn’t a social problem is also dependent upon the number and density of people with a given perspective of a situation. “If a situation such as unemployment is a problem for an individual or for scattered individuals, it is a ‘private trouble.’ But if unemployment is widespread, affecting large numbers of people in a region or the society, it is a ‘public issue’ or a ‘social problem.’” (8) However, more than anything social problems are often defined by those in power to protect their own interests. “Because the powerful—the agencies of government, business, and the media—provide the statistical data (such as crime rates), they may define social reality in a way that manipulates public opinion, thereby controlling behaviors that threaten the status quo (and their power).” (9) Therefore, since social problems are defined by culture, time, numbers, and power, there is no definite answer to the question: “what is a social problem?” But, you can state the two main perspectives that defines what a social problem is within a society. The book describes two different perspectives that an individual or a society uses to define what is or isn’t a social problem. “The fundamental issue is whether social problems emanate from the pathologies of individuals (person-blame) or from the situations in which deviants are involved (system-blame), that is, whether deviants are the problem itself or only victims of it.” (15) Depending upon your point of view you may say that certain individuals are social problems because they violate the normal rules of the society in which they live, or you may say that it is the structure of the society in which they live that has caused them to act differently from the norm and therefore it is the structure of the society that is the social problem. Often, both perspectives are involved within a situation in some way. We can know this because as the book states: “A balanced view acknowledges that human beings may choose between alternative courses of action. This issue raises the related question of the degree to which people are responsible for their behavior.” (17-18)

Text: Eitzen, D. Stanley, Maxine Baca Zinn, Kelly Eitzen. Smith. Social Problems: Census Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2012

So, while it is normally those in power (the government) that defines what is right and what is wrong, everyone also has this ability to define what is right and what is wrong within their own community. What is right and what is wrong is defined by: culture, time, numbers, and lastly, power. We, the players, make EU what it is, not MA alone.

Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    Wouldn't be all that hard to do really. Just contact the FBI or some other agency and let them open up MA's files again to look at the past and current issues with MA.

But as I put before, this is what MA is hoping for. To get some press so they can report that they have been working on this issue and soon it will be fixed...so come on..contact CNN and lets just get this all fixed.
    FYI FBI don't have jurisdiction in sweden -_-
    CNN?
    Raxxor

Quote Originally Posted by raxxor View Post
    FYI FBI don't have jurisdiction in sweden -_-
    CNN?
    Yes, so true..

Yes, I bring CNN up a lot since I learned of this game from CNN a few years back when Neverdie made the news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12