Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

Good Vehicle for a newb miner?

I'm a returning newbie with a small budget, and would like to try mining again. I have some tp's and a little hunting exp as well.

I've gotten stuck at outposts in the past and it's rather frustrating.

Would it be worth it to buy a vehicle like the dune buggy? The low oil consumption is the main draw for me. Or would it be better (considering my $20 month budget) to just go for a vtol?

How badly will the buggy get damaged by mobs, terrain, etc?

I'd like to get more tp's, explore and do a little mining. I'm on calypso and don't really have a desire to leave yet.

2. Sponsored Links
    I would strongly recommend you to get a sleipnir mk1, they are easy to maneuver, lose little or no TT value at all and have got a fariely low fuel consumption.

If you get stuck or just feel you need to collect one or several TPs I'm ready to help you with that.

Good luck and welcome back to entropia
    Raxxor

Old

Cool Agree with Raxxor

Get the VTOL.

Treated carefully, and with a little TLC, this vehicle is your best friend as a miner who wants to avoid mobs.

I agree with Cly and raxxor: the VTOL/Sleipnir is the way to go. You never will regret that purchase. It should go for 25-50 PED. 5-10 PED oil will last a while.

If you want to be on the safe side: get the RK-5 vehicle repair tool and some welding wire in case it gets damaged. The SI (structural Integraty, expressed in TT value) will decay a little when damaged, but it will last a long time. Ive done some crazy stuff with mine for 2 years now and it's still almost full TT value. I think 10-15 PED for the tool and some wire will last a while, even with the current MU.

Edit 10-08-2012: its even suitable for space travel: attach a space thruster and your good to go albeit it's a bit slow compared to a Quad

Cheers, Roni
    Last edited by Roni; 08-10-2012 at 08:50.

Hatchling

Thumbs Up

sounds good, thanks for the advice everyone. I'll be going with the sleipnir, I see it as a long term investment in my avatars future as a miner.

Dominant
    Just a note that vehicle TT doesn't decay unless the vehicle is hit by mobs or by other avatars in PVP zones. Since VTOLs can't be damaged by mobs, the TT will never decay unless you take them into PVP zones.

P.S. I also agree with the suggestion of a sleipnir. The other vehicle I use a lot for mining is the Spear Mk1 from Cyrene.

I found the Spear to be the very best for me !
    Reasons are you can spawn it quite easily, it litterally climb walls, instant acceleration, goes everywhere so you can lead troublesome mobs in water, it eats 10 times less fuel than Sleipnir (not axactly, but close)...

... and the greatest part is its trunk It allows A LOT of stuff in it !! Just empty your inventory in it and summon spawned vehicles back to storage when you're too heavy while mining.
    You know what ? I came from 25k skills and 1k ped to 130k skills and 10k ped worth of items since my last deposit in august 2007

Play smart !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asfodhell View Post
    I found the Spear to be the very best for me !
    Reasons are you can spawn it quite easily, it litterally climb walls, instant acceleration, goes everywhere so you can lead troublesome mobs in water, it eats 10 times less fuel than Sleipnir (not axactly, but close)...

... and the greatest part is its trunk It allows A LOT of stuff in it !! Just empty your inventory in it and summon spawned vehicles back to storage when you're too heavy while mining.
    Yes, the Spear is a nice vehicle too, I agree. As for storage facilities...I think every vehicle has that. The storage of the Spear bigger then the Sleip?

Regards, Roni

Mature
    Sleipnir(L) is great for mining ...
    But i use all kinds of vehicles ...
    Did you consider the RT vehicles?
    (1 Arctic Truck (L) and 1 Arctic Helicopter (L), both free gifts for completing the newbie missions 'hunt the thing' i think it's called, check entropedia.info or entropiaplanets.com or google the names ... you'll even find the complete runthrough of the missions)

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    As for storage facilities...I think every vehicle has that. The storage of the Spear bigger then the Sleip?
    Yes it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast