Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweat Question

Young
    Im confused.
    Whats a Pec? 1 tenth of a Ped i assume? So .6 pec is 6 tenths of a pec? or 6% of a ped?

And you buy 1000 bottles of sweat for .06 ped?

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaza View Post
    Im confused.
    Whats a Pec? 1 tenth of a Ped i assume? So .6 pec is 6 tenths of a pec? or 6% of a ped?

And you buy 1000 bottles of sweat for .06 ped?
    Pec = project entropia cent... i.e. 100 Pec = 1 Ped...

Most people are paying 1.5-2 ped per 1000 sweat these days.. some who like to help newer folks pay more. Old price about 3 years ago was about 5 ped per 1000 sweat, but doubt those prices will come around again any time soon. Best bet is to just deposit and refine the stuff yourself so you can sell the ME which can be put on auction... Sweat can't be put on auction, at least not the type you are talking about... other types of sweat, like diluted sweat can be, just not vibrant sweat.

Young
    Hmmm. so based on the value of the stuff, the only real way to make a profit from this is to harvest your 10 from a mob, run too a turret and let it kill the mob. Then let yourself heal naturally.
    As the cost of a single shot from a gun is more then you are likely to sell 10 bottles for. And more then one heal from a Vivo T1 will put you in the hole as well. And even then, the value really isnt worth the time it takes to earn it.

So the only real advantage to the job is defense skill ups. Guess i can store my VSE MK 1. Thats good to know as well. save me some inventory weight.

Hmmm. so based on the value of the stuff, the only real way to make a profit from this is to harvest your 10 from a mob, run too a turret and let it kill the mob. Then let yourself heal naturally.
    As the cost of a single shot from a gun is more then you are likely to sell 10 bottles for. And more then one heal from a Vivo T1 will put you in the hole as well. And even then, the value really isnt worth the time it takes to earn it.

So the only real advantage to the job is defense skill ups. Guess i can store my VSE MK 1. Thats good to know as well. save me some inventory weight.
    Yes and no.. Yes cause you wouldn't spend any ped in killing the mob and no for a few reasons.

1: Killing the mob after it's dry will give you loot that you can then sell for more peds. If this is done correctly, you can make a nice profit.

2: Killing the mob after it's dry will give you skills. These skills are worth more then the amount of ped put in. They can then be placed in an ESI and sold for a nice markup. I would suggest not selling them untill you collect a good amount.

3: Killing the mob after it's dry will give you skills in real life. By this I mean you start to know what mobs loot what items, and can get a sense of how your loot cycle works. You will have some great returns one day, but the next it may not be so good. The trick is to learn when your high times are and take advantage of them.

All of these are worth ped. Now here is the biggest decision of all, are you here to make a small profit from your activities, by small I mean sustain your game play, or are you here to have fun at about the same amount as what a subscription game would cost you per month.

If you choose to make a small profit, you will have a long road but it can be worth it in the end as there is fun to be had doing this. You will have to log your daily activities and keep track of your loot swings.

If you choose to have fun by depositing a small amount every month, you will have the same amount of fun but still need to understand that, there will be good days to hunt and there will be bad days. By keeping track of your daily activities, you will get to know when these days are and how long they last. By doing this, your peds will last alot longer and you will have more fun.

Keep in mind, that you are still gaining skills, and these can be turned into peds at a later date.

So the adventure starts with you deciding the road you wish to travel. Also remember, that every decision is vital but you can choose to switch paths at any time. Now these are just small examples of choices you can make. There are alot of other proffessions that exist in the game. With some research on the forums and some on the net, you will be more informed in your decisions.

Here is a link to someone else starting out, and how he is able to sustain his life in EU without depositing..

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ithout-deposit

I highly recomend it. Good luck to you, and have fun!

Young
    all of your good points can still be done without sweating right? and sweating tends to add much more too your healing bill so to speak. so would you not survive longer and profit more if you cut the sweating out of the equation? hmmm. well... I did not remember you can sell skills so i guess getting beat up more would lead to more skills. guess i need to give it more thought.

Guardian
    If you sweat at Nea's place you will find that someone else will kill the mob when it is dry. And there are often healers there who will heal you (they are skilling in healing).

Note that being beaten up by mobs will give you 'evade' skills, which will be well worth while when you come to start fighting them!

all of your good points can still be done without sweating right? and sweating tends to add much more too your healing bill so to speak. so would you not survive longer and profit more if you cut the sweating out of the equation? hmmm. well... I did not remember you can sell skills so i guess getting beat up more would lead to more skills. guess i need to give it more thought.
    You can but you lose out on the extra bonus of the sweat.

Look at it this way.

You sweat the mob dry, (sweat can be sold for ped),

while your sweating your gaining skills like evade, (which has a nice markup, so you can sell for ped),

you heal yourself during the process, (which gains you more skills that also has a very nice markup)

after you sweat the mob dry, you kill and loot it, (loot can be sold for a markup so you gain peds, plus the added bonus of more skills gained which can be sold for ped).

If you break it down to its core, you will find that sweating the mob makes up for the costs you incured. You may find that you will make more peds if you do this, but the trick is, it takes time to build it up.

Young
    Thanks for all the info and opinions guys. It really is appreciated.
    I am not concerned with making a profit really. (though it would make for a great selling pitch in getting my friends to try this) But I dont have allot of spending money for games ether so im trying to make what i do have go as far as possible.

I have yet to try to sell anything on the AH. From what I have seen so far, people only put large stacks of goods on there. And I Have not found anything of real quantity yet. All i have is small stacks so I have bin saving them.

Thanks for all the info and opinions guys. It really is appreciated.
    I am not concerned with making a profit really. (though it would make for a great selling pitch in getting my friends to try this) But I dont have allot of spending money for games ether so im trying to make what i do have go as far as possible.

I have yet to try to sell anything on the AH. From what I have seen so far, people only put large stacks of goods on there. And I Have not found anything of real quantity yet. All i have is small stacks so I have bin saving them.
    Yep the more you have the better it is to sell on the AH. The other opption is to go to Twin Peaks and find a buyer there. This way, you can sell small stacks and not pay the AH fee. They buy it for less then the MU of the day but it works out to the same in the end. Your just able to move smaller stacks.

Either way, I usually wait until I have a good stack to sell. If I can't find a buyer, then I have the AH as a second choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12