Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: wow...

  1. #1
    Young
    Joined
    Aug 18 2012
    Posts
    15

    Thumbs Down wow...

    i am absolutely shocked with my experience so far...

    it's not clearly listed anywhere on the front page what the system requirements are for this game, you should never need to go hunting for something like that. took me nearly a half hour to find where the damned requirements were, and they weren't on the front page. On the back of that, i almost didn't want to bother installing it. I gave it a shot. game wouldn't install properly, because it thought my visual C++ was out of date, which it is not, it tried to install whatever version it has, and it couldn't because apparantly it's missing a part. launcher comes up, can't patch, fixed that, tried to launch game, can't launch because side by side config is wrong...which from what i can gather from here, is another thing to do with the C++

    i have never run into such a problematic piece of entertainment software before. this game looked really interesting, but anything this temperamental, and seemingly broken isn't worth it....

    how does anyone play this thing?

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Dominant Roni's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 02 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    429
    Well, you're not givin any info on what system or OS you're runnin. Many pple installed it and use it without any problem. Like me.

    So are you posting here to just rant or asking for help? If you are just posting to rant you will not get much attention. If you are asking for help you will discover this is a very helpfull community. But it will require some effort on your side too.

    Regards, Roni

  4. #3
    Provider
    Joined
    Jul 08 2011
    Posts
    122
    Indeed.. there can be some startup trouble... But once you get going you will be rewarded with a game unlike any other out there and with a longivity far beyond competition (on my 10th year myself so far).

    Welcome to Entropia!

    /sbi

  5. #4
    Young
    Joined
    Aug 07 2011
    Posts
    25
    Took me about 15 seconds to find the system requirements, just to see how hard it was.

    Other than that you complain about some Visual C++ error, thus making this software the most broken PoS you've ever used.

    Both statements just make you come off as really, really, really bad at handling your pc.

  6. #5
    Old Alpha Nor Alien's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Constant state of flux!!
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberyellow View Post
    i am absolutely shocked with my experience so far...

    it's not clearly listed anywhere on the front page what the system requirements are for this game, you should never need to go hunting for something like that. took me nearly a half hour to find where the damned requirements were, and they weren't on the front page. On the back of that, i almost didn't want to bother installing it. I gave it a shot. game wouldn't install properly, because it thought my visual C++ was out of date, which it is not, it tried to install whatever version it has, and it couldn't because apparantly it's missing a part. launcher comes up, can't patch, fixed that, tried to launch game, can't launch because side by side config is wrong...which from what i can gather from here, is another thing to do with the C++

    i have never run into such a problematic piece of entertainment software before. this game looked really interesting, but anything this temperamental, and seemingly broken isn't worth it....

    how does anyone play this thing?
    As others have mentioned the requirements are listed and fairly easy to find.. but thats neither here nor there, you just didn't for some time.

    As for the side by side error you are correct that it is due to the C++. To fix this you can just uninstall the game and then reinstall. The C++ install should come up again and you can then install the one it gives you. Like others have mentioned, we need to know what OS you are running in order help you out some more.

    Now this isn't your normal MMO. This has a very steep learning curve. It takes time and patience. You don't level up like any other MMO. Your avatar won't be high skilled in matter of weeks, or months. It can take years to level up. This doesn't mean that you are stuck in low level zone, there are other ways to increase your skill level but require lots of time and dedication.

    After you get the launcher to work (past the side by side error) there is a lengthy download to the tune of several gigs. Depending on what planet you start on.

    So after all this, if this sounds like something that intregues you, then your wait to enter the game will be well worth it. If not, give it a try anyway just to make sure it isn't the game for you. No harm done but trying it out.

    Either way, welcome, and have fun.

  7. #6
    Old
    Joined
    Jul 29 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandis View Post
    Took me about 15 seconds to find the system requirements, just to see how hard it was.
    I timed myself. Took about three minutes.

  8. #7
    Old
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    California-USA
    Posts
    55
    took me 10 seconds of loading up the launcher and glancing around to find the system requirements, and i haven't viewed the system requirements or really anything on the client loader since the day i installed entropia, 3 years ago.

  9. #8
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidxx View Post
    took me 10 seconds of loading up the launcher and glancing around to find the system requirements, and i haven't viewed the system requirements or really anything on the client loader since the day i installed entropia, 3 years ago.
    Ah, but he was looking for the system requirements BEFORE downloading. And quite rightly - I know I'd never consider downloading an unknown game before checking if my rig could handle it.

    By 'on the front page' I take it he means on www.entropiauniverse.com, and indeed there is no obvious link to the game's system requirements there that I could see. Nor on the Download page, where one might also expect a direct link. Nor does the 'Search' field produce any meaningful result.

    Luckily, I know that I need to burrow down thru the links thru 'Account & Support' > 'Support' > 'Technical Support' > 'System Requirements' to find this information.

    Potential new players shouldn't be expected to have to dig around for this sort of basic info tho.

  10. #9
    Old Alpha Nor Alien's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Constant state of flux!!
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Ah, but he was looking for the system requirements BEFORE downloading. And quite rightly - I know I'd never consider downloading an unknown game before checking if my rig could handle it.

    By 'on the front page' I take it he means on www.entropiauniverse.com, and indeed there is no obvious link to the game's system requirements there that I could see. Nor on the Download page, where one might also expect a direct link. Nor does the 'Search' field produce any meaningful result.

    Luckily, I know that I need to burrow down thru the links thru 'Account & Support' > 'Support' > 'Technical Support' > 'System Requirements' to find this information.

    Potential new players shouldn't be expected to have to dig around for this sort of basic info tho.
    I agree that it should be very easy to find.. So this is what I did.. went to google.com.. typed technical specs for entropia universe.. it gave me the first listing as (entropia universe system requirements) then clicking on the link It asked me what planet I wanted to view.. I said Calypso.. It then sent me to the page where all the specs where listed..

    It took me less then 4 secs to find and a million seconds less then it took me to reply here..

    Now I know that most people who are new to the game will not likely go and search this, but I am also inclined to think, I would rather the new players did some research on their own, way before they even bothered to download it.
    Then they can decide to try it or not.

    This may weed out the possible regular MMO searchers and bring in only the curious, the people looking for a challenge rather then click click oh im uber now, and edit out the ones who can't take the time to even try it out for themselves..

    Here is the page for the specs.. : http://account.entropiauniverse.com/...-requirements/

    and some pics of the journey.. Don't blink now..




  11. #10
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Why on Earth should anyone have to resort to a 3rd party site (ie Google or other external search engine) to find basic information about a game that should be readily visible via a link on the game's official website?

    And as for the rest of your response ..
    You might want to re-consider your attitude and try to see things from someone else's viewpoint.

    You might also want to consider that for every new player who takes the time to find the game forum and post about something they found a barrier to starting, there are probably several hundred who just said 'bugger this' and went off to find another ('better') game.
    Last edited by Serica; 08-19-2012 at 01:49.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •