Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: wow...

Young

hmmmm....

something definitely appears to be broken here....

i decided to try something i hadn't thought of before, i rolled the system back to a restore point made just before the last set of critical updates. once i had the system back up, and verified integrity, i tried installing the game again....i'll be damned if it didn't work. so the installer was not playing well with something about my system...whether it was the latest windows updates, or something else, i have no idea..it'll take me a while to figure that one out.

2. Sponsored Links
    Glad you've got it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Numberyellow View Post

i decided to try something i hadn't thought of before, i rolled the system back to a restore point made just before the last set of critical updates. once i had the system back up, and verified integrity, i tried installing the game again....i'll be damned if it didn't work. so the installer was not playing well with something about my system...whether it was the latest windows updates, or something else, i have no idea..it'll take me a while to figure that one out.
    So you got it working? Welcome in Entropia!

I remember having issues with the dotnet.fix which I had to manually install from Microsoft

Cheers, Roni

Yeah!! Glad to see you got it working.

Young
    now, now, now....don't go getting all excited and whatnot.....there's still something wrong with it...

for some odd reason it still doesn't seem to want to launch for me, and what's worse, it's not giving me any error messages, so that makes it harder to fix....

still working on it..

now, now, now....don't go getting all excited and whatnot.....there's still something wrong with it...

for some odd reason it still doesn't seem to want to launch for me, and what's worse, it's not giving me any error messages, so that makes it harder to fix....

still working on it..
    Damn.. sorry, I thought for sure it would have been solved..

So After you did your roll back, it solved the one issue with the side by side error?

Now it still won't let you launch, or is it just hanging? If you give some more info on what is happening now, we may be able to help.

...there's still something wrong with it...

still working on it..
    Sounds like you might have some minor file corruption going on.

If Repair (Client Loader > Tools button > Repair tab > Start button) doesn't work, then try just deleting the folder: C:/Program Files/Entropia Universe and installing again.

Not as bad as it sounds as all the BIG data files are under Users/Public/entropia universe/... As those files will still be in place, it should skip over them when re-downloading the program files.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Sounds like you might have some minor file corruption going on.

If Repair (Client Loader > Tools button > Repair tab > Start button) doesn't work, then try just deleting the folder: C:/Program Files/Entropia Universe and installing again.

Not as bad as it sounds as all the BIG data files are under Users/Public/entropia universe/... As those files will still be in place, it should skip over them when re-downloading the program files.
    lol, i exited, restarted, and now it works. i'll post my first impressions in a while...

lol, i exited, restarted, and now it works. i'll post my first impressions in a while...
    Ill say it again!! Yeah!!

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Ill say it again!! Yeah!!
    lol, u wanna be my friend too?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast