Hatchling

help. need rescuing.

im stuck at the outpost just south of fort argus. 75880 x 91473. loads of argonauts merps and prancers around. can someone help?

2. Sponsored Links
    I'm not online atm (or on Calypso), so I can't come help.

But...

There is a bit of a trick to escaping that outpost:

Head east of north into the pvp zone. (This will get you away from the merps).

You'll lose the ability to spot mobs on radar, so make sure you have a headset on or speakers, and LISTEN carefully. Each mob has its own characteristic sound, and the sounds are directional (ie if you listen carefully, you will HEAR a mob well before it comes within aggro range.)

WALK (don't run), looking around carefully for mobs, and avoid spots where mobs could be hidden from view (over hills etc).

You only need to get slightly north of the revive line between Argus and the outpost - check the map on Entropedia to see where that runs.

It might take you a couple of tries to get thru... so take each death as an opportunity to give yourself a clearer path on the next attempt, by running at 90degrees AWAY from your path as soon as you notice that a mob is about to attack.

And most importantly, look at this as a challenge, not an obstacle Escaping a 'hard' outpost on your own can give a real sense of satisfaction

Hatchling
    thank you. i ended up going sort of southwestish. took a while to get all the argonauts to follow me to the turrets to get them out of my way lol.

Guardian
    Just gone there - appears to be nobody there. I assume you managed to get away!

Ah - just seen your reply.