Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

The wording in the game is all in square shapes.

So i got a problem with the wording of the game, The names of players, skills list, even typing to other players, is all in square shapes, So is it the game this buggy? Or the client download is bugged from the website? Or what? I need this fix, so i know what im reading. Im a old player coming back to this game after 2 years break. So if you guys can help. Thank you. If not, thanks for your time anyways.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytny View Post
    So i got a problem with the wording of the game, The names of players, skills list, even typing to other players, is all in square shapes, So is it the game this buggy? Or the client download is bugged from the website? Or what? I need this fix, so i know what im reading. Im a old player coming back to this game after 2 years break. So if you guys can help. Thank you. If not, thanks for your time anyways.
    Seems like a font issue. You checked the language settings when downloading (I presume you did a fresh install)? Like its not recognising your native font as cyrillic for example? Or maybe you use a different language/font on your pc/keyboard settings? Otherwise I have no idea and never heard of this before in Entropia.

Good luck! Roni

I vaguely recall someone who used to have all their EU text appear in italics, and iirc that was related to the font settings in their Windows theme.

It was a few years ago, and the details are pretty fuzzy now, but it might be something to consider if you don't use one of the 'standard' themes I guess.

Hatchling
    So its still not working after changing the fonts,erasing any fonts that i added over the the 2 years that is useless for windows, and still not working, what im thinking that it could be is that maybe i got some fonts within other programs and games that entropia doesnt like.But im not willing to erase everthing on my computer so i can play it. I mean i got alot of programs i need for myself that worth alot of money, and dont want to risk of losing anything for a game might not work anyways. But thank you guys for your suggestions what it could be the problem. I just wish entropia is not sensitive to other programs.

Hatchling
    and yes its a fresh install of the game. I didnt change any lang on my pc, keyboard settings. Is always has been english.

Hatchling
    Okay so i download the game onto my other hard drive which has no games and programs.But still not working.

Okay so i download the game onto my other hard drive which has no games and programs.But still not working.
    I had this same problem, and it turned out to be my video card driver. What windows version are you running, and what type of video card do you have?

I would update two things. First is your motherboard driver, then next your video driver. Restart your computer each time.

Hatchling
    windows vista 32 bit, and geforce 9500 GT

Hatchling
    I updated everything, still not working. I dont know whats going on But thank you all for helping.

windows vista 32 bit, and geforce 9500 GT
    Ah I do believe its your vid card.. I can't remember we're I read it but there was some issues with this card and the crysis engine.

I would suggest you first find another GeForce vid card you could borrow and put it in to try it out. I think you will find it will fix things for you. Doing it this way will also eliminate the card from the equation. if at this point it still does not work then there are a few other options.

Also consider moving to win 8. Right now if you go to the Microsoft web site, you can down load a copy of 64 bit upgrade for 30 US. I works like a charm and made my comp run even faster. This of course is just a suggestion.

Let me know what you find if you can or can't get another vid card to try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast