Hatchling

Question How do I get the Client to stop muting my mic?

How do I get the Client to stop muting my mic?

Every time I load up EU it will mute my mic in windows. I always have to go into recording devices, properties of my mic, levels tab, and unmute the mic. :\

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Every time I load up EU it will mute my mic in windows. I always have to go into recording devices, properties of my mic, levels tab, and unmute the mic. :\
    Well, as of this point there is no way. But yesterday I found a faster way to unmute the mic. It seems the mic and system volume are being changed due to MA's bad programming in having the Voice Chat set the system global settings and not just in game.

To Unmute the mic:

1. click the blue bar graph next to the mic in game to open Voice Chat Options
    2. Put a check mark next to Proximity System
    3. Click Apply (not the check mark to close dialog)
    4. Remove the Check Mark just added to Proximity System
    5. Click Apply or the green Check Mark to close dialog.

The mic will unmute, but will not mute again when you disable Proximity System.

Also note that the volume controls here in this dialog will set the system volume levels system wide when game is started. So make sure you have the Microphone and Speaker Volumes set here. If you have them turned off, they will set the system defaults when you start the game....

This is definitely something MA needs to fix and it's total BS we have to deal with this.
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Hatchling
    Thanks for the info guys. At least I know it's not something I did. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

I think its a feature. Smart one too. They prolly thought voice chat was a cool feature and then they discovered it was plain stupid. But then they couldnt remove it so they introduced the mic auto mute executable (ofc its running in the background so you will never notice) in the Client Loader. Smart thinking guys...really smart....Im still having nightmares from voice chat in Second Life.

Wait...it's a bug?

Roni

Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    I think its a feature. Smart one too. They prolly thought voice chat was a cool feature and then they discovered it was plain stupid. But then they couldnt remove it so they introduced the mic auto mute executable (ofc its running in the background so you will never notice) in the Client Loader. Smart thinking guys...really smart....Im still having nightmares from voice chat in Second Life.

Wait...it's a bug?

Roni
    It must be a bug - or the very first time MA introduced something "really smart"...

Joking aside, every application that mutes the mic has to restore the original state on exit - everything else is not acceptable and only shows how little experience with game programming MAs (outsourced) devs have.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    It must be a bug - or the very first time MA introduced something "really smart"...

Joking aside, every application that mutes the mic has to restore the original state on exit - everything else is not acceptable and only shows how little experience with game programming MAs (outsourced) devs have.
    Yeah, I was joking as you perceived. And yes, it should be restored after exiting Entropia. Especially for me as a DJ its quite annoying I have to restore my mic settings EVERYTIME after logging in Entropia through the recording device hardware settings. Now it's not a biggie, just a few mouse clicks, but it got me totally confused the first time it happened...I couldnt figure if my sound card broke, the drivers got corrupted or simply my mic had died. Luckely we have more then one pc in the house so I could eliminate every possibilty pretty quick and as soon as the issue was solved the word was spread in the radio group.

For Windows8 users:
    ->open properties panel
    ->go to sound device
    ->select the recording device
    ->select properties
    ->select volume panel
    ->un-mute recording device

Cheers, Roni

It's still a pain in the A** and I don't care what MA thinks. WE should not have to do this. Period. And from what I am hearing MA is trying to pawn this off as a Microsoft Windows Problem. Ummmm no MA you did it with one of your Wonderful updates (coughs)
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Quote Originally Posted by saradu View Post
    ... And from what I am hearing MA is trying to pawn this off as a Microsoft Windows Problem. Ummmm no MA you did it with one of your Wonderful updates (coughs)
    Kim has said on PCF:
    The bug was identified and fixed about two months ago however due to a number of reasons there hasn't been a platform update yet, it will almost certainly be included in the next one.

Thumbs Up

I am glad to hear that they have identified it as something to fix