Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hatchling

I feel a bit stupid.. But have to ask!

Hi all, I am an experienced MMO player. I pride myself with quite a bit of intelligence, and even a dab of common sense. Yet I simply cant figure out what to do next...

I completed the tutorial, I went to the 'mainland' I picked up a quest to kill the surrounding creatures for their 'trophies' and 'hides'

So far so good...

I ran out of ammo.

Now what?

I have no money, no way to complete the quest, and NO CLUE as to what to do about it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

2. Sponsored Links
    Deposit money?!
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Old
    If depositing money is not possible, the usual options are to gather sweat from mobs and sell to other players for peds (around 2 ped or a bit less for 1000 sweat) or walk, not run, and look for special fruits and stones to spawn near you. These can also be sold to other players. A new addition now is to hunt the puny mobs around Camp Icarus and try to loot bone samples to sell. Getting a mentor and joining a society can also be good ideas.

Good luck, you need patience to succeed in EU.

Hatchling
    Thanks for your help JSeven, heres my thoughts...

I have played nowhere NEAR enough of the game to start putting money into it.

I play MMO's, I always have.. Back in the day of subscription, I subed

Then came F2P and I paid for things in the various shops... I am not.. I repeat NOT adverse to spending money to play a game.

But when the 'requirement' to do so comes so quickly, I'm afraid it has put me off quite badly.

I will try your suggestions JSeven, thank you for those... But if I cant play this game for a few days/maybe even 1 week for 'free' to see if I like it.. Then I'll go elsewhere.

Thanks,

Kutter

Provider
    You can "play" this game for as long as you want for free. I've been playing the game for free for about 3 years now.

One thing to note though, is that EU is not like any other game out there so you can't really treat it like any other game. The good news is that there are plenty of nice people in the game who will gladly help new players understand how the game works and explain why it is the way it is so feel free to ask questions and don't give up on the game too early. As an EU historian, I can tell you that new players get 10 times what I got when I first started playing and what I got was at least twice what new players got when the game first launched roughly 10 years ago so it has come a long way.

Kutter,

I do understand your point on having the opportunity of 'checking out' a game before deposting/paying money. Even a big subscription type of game offers a (capped) FTP time.

What you can do is a minor deposit (10$). If you decide Entropia is not for you it didnt cost you a leg. Some companies have some nice offers:

Ukash: gives you a free Sleipnir/VTOL
    PaySafe: gives you a free set of armor, gun and 40 (!!!!) PED of ammo, and a healing tool. Now this stuff wont make you hunt big boys but with Puny mobs it lasts quite some time.

When I started I just joined a sweating group and kept mostly my eyes on the chat box, absorbing all info (and nonsense) players were exchanging. I was lucky to get some basic gear with gathering and selling Vibrant Sweat, something that was a bit easier in the past.

What I did do when I started was reading a lot...there is a basic guide on the mechanics of EU:

http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Ent...erse_Guide.pdf

As for gathering stones and fruit: stones makes sense yes as they are used for texturing items. Fruits might be bought, but I seriously doubt there is a market for that as fruits are a part of the pet system....which ofc doesnt work now. Another item that can be found ond the ground for free is dung. Yes, you heard me right

Previous posts gave some sound advise but you either find your way, and its different for everyone, in Entropia or you might decide that its not for you. If you are looking for a real game part with a good lore and well thought out storyline: you might get a bit dissapointed. Its just not there.

Cheers, Roni

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    PaySafe: gives you a free set of armor, gun and 40 (!!!!) PED of ammo, and a healing tool.
    this was for a limited time and is no longer valid

Quote Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
    Thanks for your help JSeven, heres my thoughts...

I have played nowhere NEAR enough of the game to start putting money into it.

I play MMO's, I always have.. Back in the day of subscription, I subed

Then came F2P and I paid for things in the various shops... I am not.. I repeat NOT adverse to spending money to play a game.

But when the 'requirement' to do so comes so quickly, I'm afraid it has put me off quite badly.

I will try your suggestions JSeven, thank you for those... But if I cant play this game for a few days/maybe even 1 week for 'free' to see if I like it.. Then I'll go elsewhere.

Thanks,

Kutter
    here's my advice... go elsewhere

I started this game back in 2004 and it was nowhere near as easy to get into as it is now. I played for free for a year. If you can't bear to "work" your way in the game or check out all the information out there how to make some ped, then this game is not for you, seasoned MMORPG player. RCE is the step up and it requires patience and perseverence.
    oww and back when I started google did not exist. you can simply type in these keywords:
    "make ped in entropia"

Hatchling
    I don't really appreciate your tone Spawn, it sounds to me like you are putting words into my mouth. Falsities that I hadn't even uttered.

I never once said I couldn't bear to 'work' my way in the game.

Not only that, but you 'assume' that I want spoon feeding information about 'how to make ped' and this too is far from the truth of it!

I came here because the forum of any specific game 'even moreso the NOOBS section' seemed the best place to come and ask my questions!

I wondered if I was missing something, or if I was doing something wrong. Hence my post.

I also, dont think it unreasonable to want to play for a few days/week for free to see if I like something, it certainly doesn't warrant a reply that begins.

'Go elsewhere'

I am a grafter in real life, and a grafter when it comes to any of my online lives too! I am not afraid to learn. I would appreciate some courtesy when using the appropriate channels to find out information!

As for everyone else, thank you for your input, I will certainly look into what I have been told.

Who knows I may see you all on the inside one day soon.

Thanks,

Kutter

Old
    Your question is valid. But not to long ago, there was no free stuff to begin with, let alone the low level newbie weps, those are new as well. Only thing u can do is get down to sweating, or sweat hunting in teams of 2-3 ppl. Makes the task less boring with some nice chit chat. Puny mobs are the best thing to hunt now, since they've added some nice item to them recently. There really isn't any other way to play for free than to work for your peds. You got your free 5ped intro. The rest is up to you really. You could get lucky though, if u dropped 1 probe or killed 1 creature and you got back a nice loot of 50+. But hey good luck to you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast