Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Young

Have I started well, or do I need to restart?

EU seems like an intriguing idea and I'd like to give it a try ... I'm mainly interested in the economic side (mining, crafting, trading, etc), not really looking for combat or PvP (I may eventually try a little hunting). But I'm stumbling around now and wonder if I've started well or if I should restart somehow.

I happened to pick Arkadia as my starting planet ... figured "Treasure Hunting" would match my interest in mining. But it seems like everyone is now on Calypso ... will I even be able to find anyone to buy anything if I'm sweating/mining/crafting on Arkadia?

How do I find others (Mentor, Society, ???)? I could post in the Arkadia forum (if I end up staying here), but I was kinda surprised there isn't some kind of sticky post with a list of societies or something (especially something to help me find others with similar interests). Is it somewhere else and I'm just missing it?

Finally, I'm trying to get started earning PED and am out sweating things ... but how do I sell the sweat once I've collected it? Do I sell it to the Trade Terminal, or on the Auction House? When I was looking at the Auction House for other stuff, I noticed there appear to be planet-based auctions and global (universe?) auctions ... will I be able to sell on Arkadia (if almost everyone is on Calypso) and do I need to do something to make sure the auction is visible to folks who might want to buy my sweat?

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    Welcome to entropia ;p

For joining a society you can visit a society terminal (orange color), usually found in places like Celeste Quarry, which is the trading place on that planet.

Don't just click on a society and join without reading their requirements first. Some want only skilled players or players from a certain region or with common interests. Most should have their memberlist open to the public so you can see who are all in it. The people you meet in public area's and while sweating are most likely also members of a society.

Try a few until you find one you feel at home at.

Now selling your sweat you should not do to the trade terminal. A mistake I made when I started out and got nothing for it. Well 0.001 PED (0.1 PEC) most likely but that didn't show on the card lol. My first 100 bottles went there. A mistake I'd never make again.

But that trading area, Quarry, is where you can try sell your sweat to others. Common price I see is 1.6 till 2 ped for 1000 bottles (1k).

Best is sell per k as it will take time to find a buyer in which you could have sweated a lot more. 500 bottles an hour is doable in a group at Celeste Outpost for example if things go smooth.

Do use the trade channel only to offer trades.

Young
    Collecting 500 bottles of sweat per hour ... I guess it starts going a LOT faster once you have more skills. I'm probably collecting something like 50 an hour now.

I've got to operate my VSE half a dozen times just to get a successful connection, and I've got to initiate half a dozen connections before I actually successfully collect anything ... and then I've got to successfully collect 3-4 times per Carabok before I've extracted all the sweat from one critter. And then I have to stand around for 5-10 minutes waiting to heal, since the Carabok took down half of my health while I was trying to collect those 10 bottles.

Young
    Also FYI for anyone else interested in finding out about Societies, using the Society terminal doesn't appear to be of much use. You have to know the name of a society to find it in the terminal ... there's no searching for societies on your planet or interested in mining or anything like that.

If you know what society you want (or have already somehow decided on a few to check out), you can get info on them from the Society terminal. But otherwise you're going to need to go to some other source (Forums?) to find societies that might be a good fit for you.

Young
    I think you should re-start at Calypso, won't have problem selling/ buying there stuff, auctions are huge and most important for you there are usually sweating groups around (for example Nea's place). It's lot faster to sweat with a group. Myself with no sweating skills whatsoever, but in pretty good group collected like 500 in an a hour, with really shitty group should get at least 200+. Anyway, you should find a mentor, that could at least help you with teleports a bit, perhaps buy your sweat too. Also, when you'll finish graduating, you'll get rewards. Hopefully MA will fix reward loot bug, been waiting mine for a some time now
    Last edited by laipsnis; 08-25-2013 at 22:43.

Dominant
    Arkadia is a great place to start. Sweating is only one of many possible starter activities in the game. I personally found it very boring when I started and quickly moved on to more interesting things. Since you're on Arkadia and interested in mining, you might have the opportunity to work for Greenleaf Mining Company. We're hiring good miners of any level. Contact me in game if interested. Good luck on your adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    Arkadia is a great place to start. Sweating is only one of many possible starter activities in the game. I personally found it very boring when I started and quickly moved on to more interesting things. Since you're on Arkadia and interested in mining, you might have the opportunity to work for Greenleaf Mining Company. We're hiring good miners of any level. Contact me in game if interested. Good luck on your adventure!
    Seconded.

Mature
    There is a "Toggle auto use tool" function in the action library (Y key here) you can use for sweating btw. Type auto in the searchbox there to find it so the sweating goes a bit automated after pressing that icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boegs View Post
    Collecting 500 bottles of sweat per hour ... I guess it starts going a LOT faster once you have more skills. I'm probably collecting something like 50 an hour now.

I've got to operate my VSE half a dozen times just to get a successful connection, and I've got to initiate half a dozen connections before I actually successfully collect anything ... and then I've got to successfully collect 3-4 times per Carabok before I've extracted all the sweat from one critter. And then I have to stand around for 5-10 minutes waiting to heal, since the Carabok took down half of my health while I was trying to collect those 10 bottles.
    Yes this game is not easy, since it involves real money. you could deposit some money (like 10 euro/dollars) and then you can really start the game, or keep doing the sweat thing for hours and hours and quit the game out of pure boredom. 3 hours sweating for 1k, which sells for 1.6 ped means you have to spend around 180 hours to get 10 dollars ingame. (100 ped)

Young
    Although I'm certainly willing to cash in on the value of sweat, I was really using the sweating more as an excuse to train things like Evade (and to kill time while I looked around for a Mentor and tried to decide whether I'd want to continue on Arkadia). I have deposited a small amount to give me some PEDs to start mining, although I hope to learn enough about the game that I can get reasonable returns on my in-game activities and not have to continually support my avatar with real-world currency.

Thanks for the invite Neil ... I'll certainly contact you when I get a chance. I am definitely interested in a good Society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast