Suggestion: Mothership and Privateer Manager option

Dear Dev team

Can we have a third column for the guestlist on Motherships and Privateers which allows the deed holder to select a ship manager. This would allow players running transport services to give control of all aspects of their ship to their manager without giving up the deed. Obviously maintaining full control also as deed holder.
    I think it would be easy to implement and allow transport services to run smoothly without the owner having to be online 24/7 or have to hand over the ship deed.

Cheers
    Bjorn
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    Very good idea, especially if it allows more than one person to have these manager privileges.

Mature

Great idea !

Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    Dear Dev team

Can we have a third column for the guestlist on Motherships and Privateers which allows the deed holder to select a ship manager. This would allow players running transport services to give control of all aspects of their ship to their manager without giving up the deed. Obviously maintaining full control also as deed holder.
    I think it would be easy to implement and allow transport services to run smoothly without the owner having to be online 24/7 or have to hand over the ship deed.

Cheers
    Bjorn
    a boat does NOT make money sitting in a harbor ... in this case a space ship with customers .. that pay ped .. to earn some of the investment back ... and for the ppl that craft the warps for these vessels - guns ,etc - miners - mats for the items (not sure if hunting items used) - loss - for MA,crafters and ship owner -ma sells mining probes - 1 person can NOT be online 24/7 (24 hours a day -7 days a week) .. we all need to sleep and eat ... this is a MA flaw in thier design ... according to them them though- either *on vacation * or *working as intended* , huh ....

With the recent issues that happened with people exploiting the summon function, leading to many avatars getting beamed unintentionally into space and robbed in lootable pvp - i think it got very much obvious why it would be a bad idea to allow ship owners to grant summon and management rights to just about anyone.
    It would be very hard for mindark to control the flood of summons that might happen to hit alot of planetside avatars, who just want to hunt/mine/craft in peace.

Its very important for someone in control of such a function to use it in an respectful and polite manner and to manage their guestlist well, so to only adress avatar who really want to receive this offer of beaming to space.
    At some point mindark might be able to open this up to more people, but they need to adjust the summon window to be abit less surprising and abit less likely to interuppt other activities.

Im personally looking very much forward to an option to assign management rights to others, but think it needs to be a limited amount of people and a limit on how often such a function can be used.

It might proabably be better to just extend spacecrafts to land planetside so that people can board at spaceports and disable summon altogether.

The other issue of making spacecrafts more easily able to run 24/7 is that there is way to many of them already as it is. With one spacecraft theoretically being able to perform all universal transport needs on its own (with the current warp concept in place) every further increase of availabilty leads to more price dumping and might actually hurt spacecraft values in consequence.
    John Black Knight
    Admiral Titans of Space Starfleet (ToS Normandie & ToS Ark Royal)
    <a href=http://www.titans-of-space.com target=_blank>http://www.titans-of-space.com</a>

Mature
    When space gets 5x as big as its now then I would say we can use more active ships.

currently warp prices are even rising as warp devices are going up in markup
    why that is I don't know.
    we all are trying to keep space travel at a as low as possible price.
    the thing is with the current price rising to get on the move it gets harder.

ships costs a lot , to buy them and also to operate them.
    there are only a few that understand that.
    all of them are ship owners .......... weird how that works....

to get ships active 24/7 would as jbk already said become a huge break up of space economy and all what is related to this.
    so I have to agree with what jbk just said.
    its hard enough already to get travelers now already, what to axpect if more ship and then also become active 24/7 a day ?

but certain thing that I would like to see implemented in space ,or is space related what would make space far more interesting is :

1. more space / bigger space , make travel for a quad to the planets 5x as long so warp capable ships get more use.
    2. add conquerable areas in space.
    3. release the arnament device II . III , IV and so ever that we can start with epic big battles
    4. add a transport contract system in the game.
    (player has item on arkadia but he is on calypso and can make a contract for a ships pilot to transport it to calypso and can earn a XX amount) quad pilot is also a pilot .... though a bit more vulnerable than other like.
    5. SI of quads should be lowered.
    6. oil consumption for quads and sleips should go up a lil.
    7. release sub-warpdrive II , III , IV and so on.
    8. add the possibility in the guest list to summon persons separately and not the whole book at once every time.
    9. moving mob NPC ships that act like pirates and are really tough to kill

space has so much potential , and can attract a lot of players.
    if handled right.
    it would be a nice beginning to explore space.

just my 2 pecs
    best regards Qs

Quote Originally Posted by John Black Knight View Post
    It might proabably be better to just extend spacecrafts to land planetside so that people can board at spaceports and disable summon altogether.
    That's a great solution of the summon exploit!
    A space center in every planet and there and only there motherships/privateers can land for loading ppl, instead of docking at SS.
    With this we can avoid not only summon exploits but scums/impersonators of representatives as well.

as about Sidney's post --> Sidney go play EVE online my friend and let us here in humble Entropia with primitive space.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    That's a great solution of the summon exploit!
    i say why fix summon exploit if people can still log off to save their belongings.
    priority of stuff to fix imo