Young

EU make u feel like a loser

You will allways fail,mining,hunting,crafting,dosent matter what is your activity you will allways fail,dosent matter your skills or your avatar skills,not even the equipment you use.

In all other games you do stuff and earn gold,coins,nuyens whatever the currency of the game is,if you do it good you earn more,if youre a noob you earn less,but all efforts allways brings you some kind of return,it is not this way in EU,buy 300 bombs and go mining,soon or later you will run out of bombs and will not be able to "play" anymore.

I understand,it shuld be this way,otherwise the company wuld bankrupt,its just the time your Money flows off is rly fast,it culd sustain a constant gameplay a lill longer,or even use "part" of the newcomers deposits to payout the old ones.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    whilst i agree with most of this, that last part is ridiculous, if this game has a single major problem, it's lack of players, we need more new players, not scare them away with a disadvantage

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by xHEINZx View Post
    In all other games you do stuff and earn gold,coins,nuyens whatever the currency of the game is,if you do it good you earn more,if youre a noob you earn less,but all efforts allways brings you some kind of return,it is not this way in EU
    Or in real life either.

buy 300 bombs and go mining,soon or later you will run out of bombs and will not be able to "play" anymore.
    That's not really how it works unless you're TTing all your loot. You need to understand more about mining for markup and play with enough peds that you can weather the short ups and downs of the loot cycle. 300 is not enough.

Old

Cool Well...

300 is not enough.
    ... it might be, if you're Sparta

But otherwise as Neil says - it's recommended to build a bigger bank roll

Old
    it is kinda hard to play on break-even, you'd have to sell everything with the mark-up. i myself only sell things with market value 103% hand higher, everything lower i'll just TT.

playing Eco is tough and it might spoil the fun a little but it'll help you sustain your playtime.

and without money you can always go sweating. i just started swunting (sweating hunting) and occasionally dropping a probe here and there, still finding my way but i think it's just good fun trying to find Your own eco way to play and becoming self-sustaining

i hope new players will also see it this way
    Goodluck to you all

7. 09-27-2013, 17:25
    Reason
    spam

Young
    *sigh*
    It's a game. You are supposed to treat it as entertainment. Just deposit a monthly amount, and take on the challenge to make it last as long as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollongong View Post
    *sigh*
    It's a game. You are supposed to treat it as entertainment. Just deposit a monthly amount, and take on the challenge to make it last as long as you can.
    Yes totally agree... This game is great. You do need to get good information about how to handle the loot and the markup details, actually it is the only game that even gives you a chance to make a profit. Ofcourse it is all dependent on how you play and your ped flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    That's not really how it works unless you're TTing all your loot. You need to understand more about mining for markup and play with enough peds that you can weather the short ups and downs of the loot cycle. 300 is not enough.
    I agree with Neil and...

I have this thoery ... perhaps I can prove it eventually. Until then it's still a theory. and that is this "Eco-Cycle."

Which is.. yes, you should hunt mobs that have a fairly common drop with descent markup.

Even when you get those loots you still can't auction them. Not yet at least.

Because when it comes to the auction; in order to beat that initial 0.5 PED fee (or higher, depending.)

1. You need to put your starting bid low enough so that you're sure to get a bidder.

2. That starting bid needs to pay for your fee and give you a little profit.

It's too risky to have your items close in auction and not be sold; may not seem like much if just 0.5 PED; but over time of not selling many different groups of items it adds up. (not good).

To beat auction and TT. (with those common 101-105% MU items)

Probably be better to find a wholesaler. Someone who will give you *some amount of PED* higher than TT (almost any amount above TT will do).

But if you don't need the PED right away just stockpile and and wait til TT value is high (have to check auction to see what a high number really is).

The other component of this "Eco-Cycle" is your weapon..
    and you calculate that via DMG/PEC ratio. (for example 3.0 is an awesome DMG/PEC) ratio..

I think if you don't understand that ratio you should do some research because it is possible to put the wrong amp on your gun and destroy your DMG/PEC ratio.. unless you enjoy depositing.. .