View Poll Results: How would you like weapon enhancers to be changed?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add a durability so you can see the (L) life value of the enhancer as TT.

0 0%
  • Just make them indestructible.

3 100.00%
  • Change Nothing, they are fine the way they are.

0 0%

Are weapon enhancers worth it?

I suppose this thread could be geared towards all weapon enhancers for all weapon types (since they all act the same among different weapon types).

This is in the Economy section, so the topic is about *Weapon Economy*

The objective is to increase the DMG/PEC ratio.

Do enhancers accomplish this?

I believe that accuracy and economy enhancers increase the DMG/PEC ratio (according to entropedia); but are they really paying for themselves in the end? (especially those economy enhancers with some above 300% MU)

Let's also take into consideration that they have random unknown decay I believe....

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aVaLON_52 View Post
    I suppose this thread could be geared towards all weapon enhancers for all weapon types (since they all act the same among different weapon types).

This is in the Economy section, so the topic is about *Weapon Economy*

The objective is to increase the DMG/PEC ratio.

Do enhancers accomplish this?

I believe that accuracy and economy enhancers increase the DMG/PEC ratio (according to entropedia); but are they really paying for themselves in the end? (especially those economy enhancers with some above 300% MU)

Let's also take into consideration that they have random unknown decay I believe....

Let me know what you guys think.
    Imho, economy enhancers are only worth to use on very high MU stuff to reduce decay on it. Other than that i see no real benefit.

Regarding the accuracy enhancers i tested them and the benefit of them was not worth for me to use them, while other people seem to like them.
    If you can get them for a decent price you can test them and decide yourself

I agree; that's why I'm so hesitant to use enhancers. I often wonder..... "will using this enhancer increase or decrease the economy overall...?" ... because shots fired have to be economical enough to pay the price of whatever you bought the enhancer for..

Sure would be nice if enhancers didn't break! That would be a great incentive for tiering your weapon.....

Old

Cool On Enhancers breaking...

I think it would be nice if we could count on them lasting a fixed number of uses before breaking instead of being "randomly dynamic".

I don't mind that it might be the case that an Enhancer might buirn out faster in a bigger DPS weapon... Just would prefer that even if the number of uses is lower that it was a fairly stable / calculatable number of uses for that DPS.

My two pecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cly View Post
    I think it would be nice if we could count on them lasting a fixed number of uses before breaking instead of being "randomly dynamic".

I don't mind that it might be the case that an Enhancer might buirn out faster in a bigger DPS weapon... Just would prefer that even if the number of uses is lower that it was a fairly stable / calculatable number of uses for that DPS.

My two pecs.
    Agreed. Because as it currently.. It really fits into a gambling category with random breaking points. Furthermore it takes the fun out of using enhancers and defeats the purpose of tiering your weapon.

Old
    Arkadia, first tree to the left behind the Oro
    Hi,

agree that a fixed, predictable number of uses (or a fixed, predictable amount of benefit) would be quite desirable. The current situation with one more gambling element ("will it break in an instant, or we it last for many, many uses?") isn't exactly what I like.

Besides, I don't use Economy Enhancers. From my understanding they'd be best suited for those expensive, long lasting, high-MU, much-ammo-eating L-guns which are of no value for me.
    For instance, a sword like a Dragons Breath is close to ready for the TT as soon as the first enhancer slot opens ...

And for things like TT swords, Embra UL, (other old time gear,) and different eco guns it doesn't make too much sense for me - instead I use Accuracy Enhancers on those, and rejoice about a remarkable enhanced crit rate.
    They are cheap, easy to make by myself (this way relieving my overloaded storage a bit), and have a noticeable effect. I like these "BLAAM!" numbers!

From a real economic aspect I'm sure this a loss, too. But I'm just too lazy to sell all these myriads of different things I loot, cannot be bothered to sell them all at max. MU (just don't have the time), so I'm happy with whatever I can recycle as crafting components. And crafting accuracy enhancers is easy, and the result yields a bit of fun. Accepted!

From talking to soc mates and to other, more serious thinking persons as myself, I have learned that enhancers would only make sense for PvP, or for the upper third of gear that I'll never get my hands on.

But accuracy enhancers are fun, and thus I love 'em!

Have a good time!
    Storage space is still limited to 500 items
    (with an exploded item count throughout the universe),
    and my nice Cognac Coat is still bugged -
    will we ever get an VU solving the really important problems?