Where to start in Crafting??

I've unlocked blueprint comprehension (with VSE)... but my other skills are all around 4 and below....

I'm not sure where to start.

It really doesn't matter to me what I craft ultimately. I do think that it's important that I stick to one category (i.e. components or attachments...)

So when I ask where should I start..... I know I have to make a LOT of something dumb in order to skill up.

What would be a good thing to craft just to skill... (like air filters?)

But at the same time... I'd hope that the profession I skill in also ultimately leads to being able to craft items that are known to have high (or descent) markup.

Any advice to this matter would be much appreciated!!

2. Sponsored Links
    Old

Thumbs Up The advice for this...

... depends on your bankroll.

You'll notice very quickly if you survey the basic level blueprints from each of the categories that some categories take far more PED invested per click to try to make something.

If you have unlimited funds, then pick anything you like and just click through those.

The cheapest is usually the Components tree - so this is a popular first choice for people to do a few tens of thousands of clicks on while skilling up as well.

It's important also to realise that for some of the trees like Weapons and Armour there are occasionally entire blocks of BPs that you will never be able to really bulk-click on because they rely on resources which are super-rare.

So we'd invite you to think about what you want to be making in a year's time and then consider your bank roll today, and the choose your path accordingly.

Good luck out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cly View Post
    ... depends on your bankroll.
    First, thanks for your response Cly.

Sorry I guess I forgot to mention that I'm super-eco-minded.... If it's eco, I wanna know about it.

So you're suggesting components tree?

What specifc BP's would be good... I have Simple I Conductors; is that something I should start doing thousands of clicks on or is there something more simple than that?

Can't believe we're already talking about bankroll.

The only reason I want to skill is so that ulimately I can get to a point where I can craft an item wheras selling that item nets some form of profit (over cost of mats etc.) ... I'm sure there are crafters that have reached that point. Or does that just lead to

Old
    a cheap component BP is basic filters

Provider
    If you are focusing on eco (which is good) then crafting is not really the space to be. It's an expensive occupation and IMO requires significant investment before it starts paying off.

I craft weapons and armour. It took around 6 months before I started profiting on a monthly basis. 18 months before I broke even in terms of MU cost of materials vs sales revenue. And I invested a lot in infrastructure that are not factored into that profit calculation - bps, shops, fittings etc.

If you skill up on something cheap like basic filters then you will probably being TTing the end product. So guaranteed loss. How much of that can you sustain?

Really I advise newer players to stay well away from crafting till they get a good understanding of the economy and a big ped reserve (or credit card).

Thanks Kikki. Perhaps I'll just not play with bp's for now.......

I'll stick to shooting eco-friendly guns..........