Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mining

Hatchling

mining

hello all im a noob to this game and i was wondering if is it worth for me to spend 50 usd to buy a veh and take on ining i like to mine or will i need to spend more $$

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by demonfiter View Post
    hello all im a noob to this game and i was wondering if is it worth for me to spend 50 usd to buy a veh and take on ining i like to mine or will i need to spend more $$
    To start out 50$ will last you a while if you don't do stupid things. Get a cheap vehicle like a sleipnir, 2 ped of oil and save the rest for rookie mining equipment. That one is very cheap and you can drop many thousand probes. Sell your stuff in auction or to a trader in twin peaks and never to the trade terminal.

Welcome to Entropia and have fun.

Old
    you can get a free vehicle, just by doing quests, that would save you money that you can invest in probes. depending on where you are (what planet) you can get a valkyrie t1 buggy (caly) hoverpod and some truck thing (i think, i think that was arkadia) and you can get a chopper on rock topia i think it was.
    i don't know for sure which is what (accept the caly one) but the gist is, go do a quest and get yourself one of those vehicles and some beginner skills. highly recommended!

and if you wanna start mining, start with the TT stuff, 50 USD will easily get you there, and then some. good luck!
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Guardian
    IMHO you don't actually need a vehicle to mine. It may take some time, but I suggest visiting the Teleporters nearest to your chosen destination on foot, and then go on foot from there.

It rather depends on what planet you are on how easy this is. On Ark and RT it is very easy to avoid the mobs.

On Caly, I was able to scout out Shinook Quarry without using a vehicle.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    IMHO you don't actually need a vehicle to mine. It may take some time, but I suggest visiting the Teleporters nearest to your chosen destination on foot, and then go on foot from there.

It rather depends on what planet you are on how easy this is. On Ark and RT it is very easy to avoid the mobs.

On Caly, I was able to scout out Shinook Quarry without using a vehicle.
    totally agree, but when you do want a vehicle as a newby, do quests to get one... that was the point i was going for
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Hatchling
    ty all i think im in calypso so ill try doing the quest first if i can find it. only reason i wanted a veh cuz they look kool

Guardian
    Ah! Indeed.

FYI - Arkadia gives out a Hoverpod. Hunt The Thing (on Rocktropia) gives out a Arctic Truck 4X4 and a Arctic Combat Helicopter. Note that the freebie vehicles have a very limited life.

And occasionally other freebies appear. Last Halloween an 'Old Witches Broom' was given to everyone born on Rocktropia. This caused huge excitement and the price on auction for one went through the roof. Then it was changed to degrade on use and they all vanished!

Guardian
    ty all i think im in calypso so ill try doing the quest first if i can find it. only reason i wanted a veh cuz they look kool
    If you are on Caly, and started there, then you would have got the buggy as part of your training..... Did this not happen?

Hatchling
    well im lost in i think i skip the training im in north swamp. also i made this account b4 vehicles came out i think was like 3 years ago.

Old
    well im lost in i think i skip the training im in north swamp. also i made this account b4 vehicles came out i think was like 3 years ago.
    go to port atlantis marina, walk out to end of pier, use televator to get to the gateway, do missions for buggy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast